Pigeon Droppings: Potential Fire & Health Hazards
How Dangerous Are Pigeon Droppings To Your Health?
Birds may be beautiful, but they can also be a giant menace to people and their homes, especially when it comes to pigeon infestation. Pigeons droppings are the biggest concern because they can damage vehicles, lawns, buildings, and parks. Besides, pigeon droppings can also transmit numerous diseases.
Since pigeons have no natural enemies in urban areas, they can reproduce easily and quickly, leading to overpopulation. As a result, places with pigeon overpopulation have higher disease rates. In addition to that, bird debris may also attract other pests like rats, mice, and flies.
Contacting a Phoenix pigeon removal company is a safe option to reduce pigeon infestations. It’s also useful to understand the potential health hazards of pigeon droppings. Here we highlight some of them.
It may not be the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about bird droppings or bird infestation, but it’s certainly a danger. Pigeons build nests far from predators, so they may build them on rooftops or even chimneys.
Nesting materials like twigs, grass clippings, straws, etc., are extremely flammable so they can quickly catch fire. Moreover, the fire can be worse if the area is full of bird droppings as bird droppings are also flammable.
Nests can block the airflow from the chimneys, and the mold produced by bird droppings can ignite a fire. It’s always important to check chimneys, boilers, and poles to avoid this situation.
Pigeon Droppings Spread Bird-Borne Diseases
Bird droppings are particularly dangerous because they spread bird-borne diseases that can be lethal for pets and even for humans. Bird feces can contain over 60 different pathogens, and these pathogens have many viruses, bacteria, and parasites.
These diseases shouldn’t be taken lightly, which is why you must be cautious if you see pigeons at home. Contact a pigeon removal company in Phoenix to receive the best solution to get rid of these birds.
These are some of the diseases bird droppings can carry:
- Histoplasma: It causes Histoplasmosis, a fungus that grows in the tract, leading to respiratory diseases that can be fatal.
- Salmonella: This disease is one of the most common. It is an infection that causes diarrhea, stomach pain, and vomiting.
- Escherichia Coli: It’s another infection that causes vomiting, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. It can cause many diseases, including cystitis, urethritis, meningitis, peritonitis, mastitis, and septicemia.
- Cryptococcus: This pathogen produces lung diseases that can be fatal in the long term.
- Listeria: It’s the name of the pathogen that causes listeriosis, an infection that includes headaches, fever, and convulsions.
Pigeons can also spread mites, fleas, and tics, which can cause more pest infestations at home. These insects are also dangerous because they can transmit more diseases like typhus and anaplasmosis.
Other Dangers From Pigeon Droppings
Pigeon droppings are not only hideous, but they are also very destructive. They contain uric acid, meaning that they can damage almost any strong material, even wood, and bricks. In short, these droppings can damage your roof, your drainage pipes, your ventilation systems, your walls, door frames, and more.
Getting pigeon removal in Phoenix is always necessary when you see a lot of pigeon droppings in your house. This is the first sign that there’s a pest infestation, so you may act quickly.
How To Keep Pigeons Away
There are ways to keep the pigeons away from home so that you do not stress about bird droppings. Take these recommendations as preventive methods:
- Seal your attic. Pigeons can enter the house easily if they find openings big enough to squeeze through. Seal these entrances (especially the attic) completely or install a metal wire mesh.
- Keep your house trash-free. Keep your trash cans closed and do not forget to throw out the trash often. Pigeons get attracted by food, so make sure no food items and scraps are lying about in your house.
- Install Bird Spikes. This is a simple way of getting rid of pigeons on your roof.
- Get A Pet. This is one of the best ways of scaring pigeons away. Pigeons do not wander around areas with cats or dogs, so why don’t add another friendly family member to avoid pigeons on the roof?
Contact a Pigeon Removal Company In Phoenix
Your last but best option is to contact a pigeon removal company. Feel free to contact AZ Pigeon Control to get rid of pigeons safely and forget about their droppings. AZ Pigeon Control has a team of pigeon experts who are uniquely qualified to make sure these troublesome pests don’t do irreparable damage to your house. Contact us now for more information.
AZ Pigeon Control & Removal
4065 E University Dr #500
Mesa, AZ 85205
Email: [email protected]